How are you doing since our last post?
These last few days I have been looking at (and especially smelling!) the new products that we have received in our PERFUMES section. I would buy almost all of them! LOL!!!
What about you? Do you usually wear perfumes or fragrances? Do you have a different perfume for special occasions? Today I want not only to present you some of my favourite perfumes for men and woman but also to give you some tips that I am sure will be interesting and very useful. Remember some of the advantages of buying with us: we have very attractive prices; we guarantee that we only work with official distributors and in our shipments, you always find some product samples.
Difference between cologne and perfume and eau de toilette
It is one of the most frequently asked questions when buying a fragrance.
When you visit our website and click on our PERFUMES section, you can find the fragrance you want to buy in various formats, not only in size but also discover that it is available in perfume, cologne and eau de toilette. So, when it comes to making a gift or even buying your fragrance, it is normal for you to make yourself this question: what is the difference between them?
- Cologne: It is ideal for any time of the year, even more in summer because, even if we use more quantity, we will not smell “too much”. However, it is true that what usually happens is that the smell will only last a few hours and if we want it to be noticed we will have to wear it again at any other time of the day. This is because its concentration is usually between 6 and 8% essence.
- Perfume or parfum: with this fragrance you do have to be careful not to overuse. It is very concentrated and therefore we must use small amounts. Its scent can last 10 hours. It is more common to use them in winter or in formal events. We find a type of fragrance that usually has between 20 and 35% concentration.
- Eau de toilette: Its scent lasts up to three hours. It is like cologne: fresh fragrance, but its aroma is more fixed to the body. It is perfect for the summer. Its concentration is usually between 8 and 15%. One of the colognes that usually present these formats and that many men have doubts about which to buy is: Dior Sauvage. As you will see in our store there are different options for the same “fragrance” depending on the concentration of essence. By the way, it smells great!
Have I helped you?
And now is when my friend Connor comes and tells me: Okay! It sounds good! But…
Is eau de parfum a real parfum?
Don’t worry Connor, now you will find out what differentiates them! In addition, I am going to give you information about other types of fragrance so that you do not have doubts between them again.
- Eau de parfum: It is the perfect alternative to using a pure parfum since its concentration is lower, between 16 and 18% and for this reason they are usually cheaper. Its smell on our skin lasts up to six hours. Not bad! Isn’t it?
I love how this women’s Eau de parfum smells: Alien Perfume
So, when we ask ourselves questions like what is the difference between eau de toilette and eau de parfum or eau de toilette vs eau de parfum, the answer is that the main difference is usually the percentage of essence concentration.
And we can still find one more type of fragrance that is the final touch to all the types that you can find in the market:
- Elixir: Sometimes fragrances of the same perfume are marketed, but with higher concentrations or they are much more intense versions where notes of the original perfume vary. They are usually sold in 30 ml bottles and have a higher price than perfume.
We all like to smell good and let’s be honest: it can be a way to seduce in a subtle way, but if we overuse it we can produce the opposite effect as the one expected. So, let’s address this question:
How and where to put our fragrance?
Experts recommend that people should wear it in these parts of the body:
Behind the ears: It is a very effective area, since it is an area close to the sense of smell.
Inside the wrists: We have our hands in constant movement, so it is easy for our scent to reach other people close to us this way.
In the neck area: It is a classic area and it is one of those parts of the body where our fragrance will last the longest thanks to the heat that is generated that allows it to last longer.
On the chest: When we put fragrance on this part of the body, we can achieve a multiplier effect because our clothes will also be impregnated.
Perfume specialists do not recommend us to put perfume in areas such as the armpits where, due to humidity and the bad smell that is caused by sweating, the effect of our perfume can be the opposite of what we pretend.
When applying perfume … less is more! So: Don’t overuse it!
Do you like the way you smell with Calvin Klein perfume? If you have not tried it and you are looking for a perfume that you like, I recommend it!
Would you like to know who made the first perfume in the world?
It is believed that the Egyptians were the first to create aromatic perfumes, probably by chance.
Do you want to know more? The perfume was used as an offering to the gods. The Egyptians believed that perfume could “glorify” the body and resemble the gods’ one.
I hope the post has been useful for you and that you will be able to find the fragrance you are looking for on our website. There are many amazing fragrances for men or women: Chloé perfume, Marc Jacobs perfume, Good Girl perfume, Amouage perfume, Perfume Terre D’Hermes… But remember that the best cologne for men and women is the one you choose because is the one you like. Have a nice day!